The prosecution rested its case Friday afternoon in the sexual assault trial of Bill Cosby, after jurors heard testimony about his use of Quaaludes with women whom he was interested in sexually.
The defense will began presenting its case on Monday — and Cosby’s spokesman says his team has not ruled out having him testify in his own defense.
“Nothing is ever off the table in a trial of this magnitude,” Andrew Wyatt told reporters during the lunch break on Friday. “You have to look at all your options. In a ball game, things change and players are taken out and sometimes the star player plays and sometimes he doesn’t.”
Cosby, 79, has previously said he planned not to take the stand.
He is on trial for allegedly drugging and sexually assaulting former Temple University employee Andrea Constand, now 44, at his Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, mansion in January 2004.
He is charged with three counts of indecent aggravated assault, to which he has pleaded not guilty, insisting their sexual contact was consensual. He has denied similar allegations from more than 60 women.
Constand, who is gay, says their contact was not consensual. CLICK FOR MORE